Thread: Unable to install 2.3.4 android update in Sony Ericsson Xperia Active.

Unable to install 2.3.4 android update in Sony Ericsson Xperia Active.

I have bought the new Xperia Active 2 weeks ago. Few days ago a pop-up showed me that new software update is available! To install the update I connected my phone to the computer with PC companion. My phone was detected as SEMC Flash Device and then everything got freeze! I restarted my mobile and connected to computer again but with the same results! I then left my computer and mobile connected for an hour to see if anything happens but nothing happens except my pc freezes for long time! I have XP but sp3 with 32 bit OS does that make any difference? Can anyone give me solution on this?

Re: Unable to install 2.3.4 android update in Sony Ericsson Xperia Active.

I would suggest you to do update with Sony Ericsson update service! Just visit the Sony Ericsson website and go to download, you will find the service update file there. If this doesn’t work then do as follows:
    1. Go to safe mode
    2. Select the “safe mode with networking”
    3. Now launch the setup for service update
    4. Make sure your phone is SWITCH OFF.

I downloaded the service update in my computer. When I connected my phone to the computer it detected ” S1bootFastboot” and asked whether to install the driver. I selected the “let windows automatically select and install the driver”. After this nothing is happening! What to do now?

Try re-installing the update? The one you have downloaded is the latest update available and should get installed properly. Did you try it with safe mode? Again try running the update from other computers!

I tried re-installing it but it gives me the same problem, S1BootFastboot driver fails again! When I search for S1BootFastboot driver it says that my phone will need to root! but doing this will end my warranty ! so I can’t do that! how can I download the S1BootFastboot driver from internet? I tried with safe mode but it doesn’t change anything. Is there any way by which I can do it? I saw some other options there in boot menu along with "safe mod with networking" ! can they come useful to me?

You have mentioned that you have XP 32 bit OS of the SP3 but the Sony Ericsson PC companion supports the SP2 or windows 7 only! I have checked myself on the official website! If you want you can confirm this by going on the website itself! It also says that it need processor of higher performance and bigger than 3.6 GHZ! That is strange really! All of this to just update a mobile!

Finally, I found the driver I needed for my mobile! While i was searching I found a website wotanserver.com .I downloaded the “S1bootFastboot” driver and “wotanclient” for my xperia active. After installing both of them now I have successfully flashed my mobile and it is working fine without having to root my mobile.