Thread: External Hard Drive For Bootup

External Hard Drive For Bootup

Hello, I have recently bought the new external hard drive for my Mac Mini and while making use of that I want to know the some of the details for this. I want to know how much size of the cache it would be provide. And which connection is useful for the external hard drive. And is there any other things are available for consideration.

Re: External Hard Drive For Bootup

Hello, if you are making use of the External hard Drive then also you will able to get the same performance from the drive. It depend on your hard drive free space and other software application installed, how much faster it would work. So, simply make use of the required software applications on your hard drive and then you will able to get the solution for your problem.

Hello, I also want to know this. Can speed would gets increase, really? One of my fried told me that it would decrease my performance of the booting. And that is why I am not making use of that for my bootup. If you are having used that and if it is giving you really good performance then please provide that details to me. I will be thankful to you. I have tried to search same on internet also, and then come to know that the working is slow. So, if you are having any details about it, then please let me know.

Hello, I am making use of the Firewire drive for my Mac Mini for the booting and it is giving me tremendous performance while making use of it for booting. It is taking really less time than my internal hard drive while booting. So, I would suggest you to use the external hard drive for the booting and I think that you must use the USB port for it. I think it will simply give you the same performance.

Hello, I am also making use of the external hard drive on my Mac Mini, but I think that you must need to make use of the External hard drive for the purpose of the taking backup and all. As if you make use of it, for this purpose then you will able to get the better performance from that. So, just do that and get the solution for your problem.