Thread: Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica to receive OS upgrade

Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica to receive OS upgrade

Hi there, I have heard from magazine about the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica to receive OS upgrade. So i am having one which is with the version of the 1.5 Android operating system. And the Android is releasing the new updated version of the same. So i wanted to know whether the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica will be able to upgrade to this version of the Android or not. Please help me finding the answer. Thank you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica to receive OS upgrade

Yes thats trued that the new android OS is launched which is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica. This Latest upgrade is knows as the Android 2.1 OS which you can get in the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica. This operating system is having the more upgradation then the previous one. You should have this in your device. So upgrade to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Halina View Post
    Yes thats trued that the new android OS is launched which is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica. This Latest upgrade is knows as the Android 2.1 OS which you can get in the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica. This operating system is having the more upgradation then the previous one. You should have this in your device. So upgrade to this.
    I have gone through this but let me know that where can get the upgrade to my phone so that i can get the phone working with the latest version of the Android OS. A help may be appreciated.

For that you have to contact the Samsung for the same. As this is the release for the Samsung then it is better to ask for the upgrade of the same to the Samsung. You should visit the Samsung store and they will advise you for the same and help you as they can. So do the same and let me know whether you have got the update or not.

I have contacted the Samsug store for the help but they are unable to update the same and ignored me as they ate not having the update for the Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica. Can i upgrade the Android 2.1 through the internet connectivity on phone. If possible then let me know about the same so that upgrade the same.

Just follow the below given step for the help of the upgradation of your phone with the same.

• Download the attachment
    • Remove Sim Card and SIM card
    • Shut down the phone
    • Keep it in the download mode by pressing Volume Down + Camera + Power button.
    • Connect it to PC
    • Install the driver with the drv5700 files which you have downloaded
    • Open Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe
    • Select the files from the attachment
    • Click the start button

Thats it!!!!!! now restart the phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What is there in that dvr5700 to install? Can you please Explain clearly

dvr5700 file contains some drivers and files that you may need while performing the above process.

When you open Multi Downloader, it won't complete its process without the files that are in dve5700.

i have open the drv folder and but i dont kno how to install it? can u please help me out, many thanx

hi there i dont have what you call multi downloader in my android phone how can i do the steps that you have said i downloaded already the file please help me on this thanks

The Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe is a software that will help you to complete upgrade process. Without this you can not flash your firmware. This is third party application that you have to run on your system. If you are not getting it easily then you should check out the attachment given below which is having the Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe file. Just extract the attachment and work with the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files