Thread: Cisco Clean Access (CCA) Agent and iPod Touch

Cisco Clean Access (CCA) Agent and iPod Touch

Anyone here are aware about the connection of an ipod to this type of wireless network? The college, where my son is studying, sent him this reply: Unfortunately, we are unable to get any iPods connected on campus at this time just because of limitations of the iPod software. However, we are trying to find out resolution of such issue with the company that facilitate our Cisco Clean Access system and will keep students informed as a solution is reached. any help would be appreciated ??

Thanks very much

Hello,

Apple has developed and distributed a manually operated software and it's only for configuration of touch and iPhone on a category of more secure corporate networks. Find out the Supporting site for the iPhone Enterprise Deployment Guidelines and the iPhone Configuration tools . These allow sys admins to develop and distribute CA certificates. You can find out the related article on the official site of the apple organization which have already discussed some of the things that can be done and you can get that with more explanation..These are freely provided , if you are registered user for the iPod and it can be accessed and can be easily downloaded from the official site of the Apple.
    Last edited by Simond; 23-04-2010 at 05:19 AM.

For a number of enterprise Wi-Fi connection types, IT administrators will deploy profiles they generate with iPhone Configuration tools to automate and/or block user Wi-Fi connections. Including the CA Certificate for these connections will destroy the users' requirement to verify that they believe on the Certificate(s) assigned each time they comes for reconnection to the Wi-Fi. CA Certificates and Trust settings can be provided within the iPhone / iPod touch configuration profiles.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am going to show you a guidelines with sufficient steps through which you can be able to connect your wifi router with your iPod touch,the same utility that has been discussed in the above post,you can use it and create the connection with both media. Follow the steps that will create the connection :

1- Within the iPhone Configuration Utility, create a new profile and add a CA Certificate on the Credentials tab: Enter name of Credentials and visit there for getting more details.

2- Then just move on to the Wi-Fi tab and configure proper settings for your enterprise, Make sure when goes to specify Trusted Certificates and Trusted Server Certificate Names, as well as setting Allow Trust Exceptions as preferred for your enterprise. You will get so many options there and fill them properly with proper values and go ahead to access the connection..
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thank you very much for your support and help and now I am so glad to resolve the issue just because of all of the help and support of you all and I got the suggestion from the guides and Now I am able to sent the needed documents to the college and now my child is able to connect his iPod Touch without any issues .

Thanks once again ....