Thread: DVD Initialization Error

DVD Initialization Error

I have recently bought a new Mac Mini and I am annoyed with it, because I am not able to play DVDs on my Mac Mini. Whenever I am trying to play DVDs a message is displayed which some thing like this "There was an initialization error. A valid video device could not be found for playback. -70017". I have no idea what is the problem but I need the solution DVD Initialization Error.

Re: DVD Initialization Error

If you are having problem only with the playing DVDs on your Mac Mini then I will suggest you download the VLC from its official site.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player and multimedia framework capable of reading most audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, mp3, ogg, aac) as well as DVDs, Audio CDs VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

Thanks for the reply

Actually, I already had VLC on my Mac Mini. Therefore, I tried play the DVD using VLC player. Unfortunately, it has not opened and it is only showing the only black image and no image.

I think it might be a hardware problem it will be better I take the Mac Mini back to the show room and replace this Mac Mini with the new one. That is the only solution I am thinking of right now.

I was also having the same problem with my Mac Mini but there is a difference. I have bought the Mac Mini four months back and I have played many DVDs on it. But suddenly I do not know why it stopped playing DVDs on my Mac Mini.

Then I made a new account on my Mac Mini and tried to play DVD on that it worked perfectly fine. I hope making a new account on the Mac Mini may solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply,

Before going to the Show room, I have tried to make a new user id and then tried to play the DVD on my Mac Mini but it did not worked for me. Then I finally I have gone to show room explained the problem I am facing. They have replaced my Mac Mini with the new one and finally the problem is solved. Finally, I just want to say one thing if anybody is facing problem with Mac Mini and it is under warranty then just replace it.