Thread: Ipod Touch no longer recognized after updates

Ipod Touch no longer recognized after updates

Hello ,

I am using mac OS and getting some issues with my device detection. I performed and added a lot of software updates on the MacBook a few days ago as suggested by Software Update. I think the newest versions of Snow Leopard and different software's like iMovie and iPhoto and iTunes.

Today, I tried to sync my Touch and it was invisible. It also not coming on desktop. There is nothing on the Touch and even point that it was charging, much less syncing. It is going well just a few days ago, before the updates. How would I sort out such type of issue ?

Touch no longer recognized after updates

If you are suffering a symptom where iPod touch does not showing in the Source list in iTunes after you connect it to your Mac, refer to the troubleshooting guidelines below.

• Check the iPod touch Display
    • Verify Mac System Requirements
    • Check USB Connections
    • Restart your Mac
    • Reinstall Apple Mobile Device Service
    • Reinstall iTunes
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I don't think, your device is recognized by some other causes, it is a hardware issue because your iPod touch needs USB 2.0 to function properly. If you are not sure if your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, refer to the Apple Tech Specs page. Try connecting iPod touch to a another USB port resides in your PC, preferably a port that is built-in to the system instead of an external USB hub. Connecting iPod touch to your keyboard's USB ports is not recommended. And if you have still some problem then you need to change the port of your computer and if you need to check your port id right or not then you can go for another system to connect your device.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for the choosing my question to reply me and I am thankful to reply me, but I think it has to do with the slew of updates. I find out that my MacBook now would not detect my printer, either. there was also the update to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 as well. The updates that I have made recently had something to do with the iPad release, so the applications would detect the iPad. Unfortunately, it assumes to have disabled the USB ports, or perhaps the drivers for printers and other peripherals including iPod Touch also.

Before performing the SL update, you need to make some chnages regarding the permission means did you repair permissions? You might want to start there. And did you update to iTunes 9.1? And at last, have you turn your computer off and restarted it? If you are unable to recover USB functionality, you require to do a restart and then check it again. If the issue is still going on (and this has nothing to do with iPads, touch, or iTunes), you have to get your MacBook to the Apple store and have a Genius take a look at it.

You have to configure the SMC, Have you tried resetting the SMC before? Sometimes that can get things moving again. The System Management Controller (SMC) is responsible for different low-level functions on Intel-based Macs. These tasks include:
    • Responding to holding down the power button
    • Responding to display lid opening and closing on portable Macs
    • Battery management
    • Thermal management
    • The SMS (Sudden Motion Sensor)
    • Ambient light sensing
    • Keyboard backlighting
    • Status Indicator Light (SIL) management
    • Battery status indicator lights
    • Choosign an external video source for some iMac displays