Thread: Movies on my iPad

Movies on my iPad

I have a question regarding the movies on my iPad. The query is that is there a possibility of running AVI files on the Ipad. If it is not possible, then can sort sort of third party software available to perform this particular action. I have bought an Apple Ipad recently and hence, I am trying to get acquainted with the features that it will able to provide me with.

Re: Movies on my iPad

It is not possible to run the Avi movies on the iPad. I dont think that there is some other software or application for running them in the Ipad. I am having the Apple Ipad from quite a long time and I have been unsuccessful for running the Avi files in it. My advice to you is that you must not try out such things because it may cause unexpected results.

Hello there,
    Since, the Avi movies on the iPad are not supported, there is only one technique to run such files. It is to convert the files. But, many a times, it is advised by most of the experts that such conversions must be avoided, as there is a possibility of problems in the iPad.
    All the best!!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello again, I want to thank both of you for the replies that you have provided with. Well, if AVI does not work with the iPad, then it can be converted, as mentioned in the above post. But, I am not aware, as to how to do the conversion. Is there any application available for thesame. If yes, kindly provide its name too. Thank you again in advance for any help.

There are many applications and softwares available in the market that allows you to do the particular conversion for for the avi movies on my iPad. But, the built-in application is the Handbrake.fr. These files, actually work in accordance with the iTunes because of which there is a need for conversion, that is the direct play is impossible.