Thread: Mouse or cursor jumping on new Mac Mini

Mouse or cursor jumping on new Mac Mini

I have recently bought a Mac Min with the dual 500GB HD and 4 GB RAM, but I am having a problem that have never discovered before. The cursor is jumping instead of flowing smoothly while using USB mouse. I have tried number of thing and discovered that the behavior is same with both of my mouse whether I use Magic Mouse or my Logitech 470A.

Is anyone also facing this Mouse or cursor jumping on new Mac Mini problem or any solution for this problem?

Re: Mouse or cursor jumping on new Mac Mini

The problem of jumping cursor is occurring when you are place the mouse close to the Mac Mini. If placing the mouse really causing the problem then there is a problem with the transmission and the reception between your mouse and Mac Mini laptop. If you are having this problem then you have to perform the experiment
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thanks for your reply,
    Probably I have tried everything what you have said but has not made any effect.

One more thing, I have made some more observations, my Logitech mouse still showing the same problem but not exactly the same. This issue increases if I use the both Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. May be you can provide me a better solution. I will be waiting for the reply.

Previously I have not figured out that you are having Logitech mouse. I am not sure that this will help you but try it. I was also facing the same jumping mouse problem with my Logitech mouse after upgrading the Logitech Control Center system preferred pane. I have discovered that downgrading to version 3.1 of LCC will be able to solve this problem.

Currently I am having Leopard operating system on my Mac Mini the latest upgrade cased this problem with my mouse. Both of my bluethoot and USB mouse is behaving in abrupt manner. I have lost the left click on my mouse. Doing the right click is not a easy job to do. I am using a generic Dell USB mouse and Bluetooth keyboard.

Any related replies will be most beneficial.