Thread: iPod totally frozen, black screen

l33t iPod totally frozen, black screen

I recently purchased the new iPod touch 3rd gen and brought it home and plugged it with iTunes. I started the downloading of the update of 3.1.3 and after that it completed the downloading very well, the iPod got "Alert Message 6" and my iPod froze, locked up and is now properly unresponsive with a black screen and it is dying me to solve. I tried holding both the button apart and together and had no response.

If I connect it to my system, I got the error message "USB Device not recognized" and the iPod still having black screened.

iPod totally frozen, black screen

I didn't got such type of issue before and I did so many search on that but unable to find any solution related to that, can you explain me more about this so that i can be able to find any fix for this but I will give you the suggestion before going anywhere.

I spend so much time to find and trying to troubleshoot it. If you are in a city where you can get any Apple Store that make an appointment at the Genius bar and take it in to have them look at it. If not, look in your iPod's documentation: I think there should be a lot of Apple Care would be described and go through that, you can call them also with such type of issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Have you tried to restore the phone earlier and what happened with your device and what's going on with your device. You need to pull out your battery from the device (iPod) and insert it again within device. and start your device, what you are getting after then. if the problem is still going on then you can choose another way to resolve it,this is one of the possible solution through which you solve it. It can be happened using the resetting of device, it is one of the solution after all;
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thanks for your kind replies and valuable support but the problem persist and unable to get the exact solution for this, what should be the excat solution for this please suggest me the exact solution for that...would you all help me with some more suggestion ????

This problem is so close to the crashing of iPod and I think, you need to follow some suggestion that can solve this issue, This procedure can be used for different problems with your device. If your iPod just crashed, and it's gasping for breath and occurring you the black iPod screen of death. Resuscitate it with the magical, life-giving key combination:

1. Toggle the press down switch on and off.
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo displays,for 6 to 10 seconds.