Thread: Wireless Keyboard will not pair

Wireless Keyboard will not pair

I have purchased the Apple iPad recently and its working great. I have the old Apple wireless keyboard and want to pair it with the Apple iPad but i am not able to do it by myself. I have tried it many times but Wireless Keyboard will not pair with the Apple iPad. So, is there anyone who can provide me the procedure for the same and solve this issue.

Re: Wireless Keyboard will not pair

I dont think so, there can be any issue with paring the wireless keyboard with the Apple iPad because it supports this feature. I am sure you are making some mistake in pairing the keyboard with the Apple iPad. I think you should refer the user manual of the Apple iPad. Read it carefully and try again to pair the wireless keyboard.

First of all i would like to know that which Apple wireless keyboard you are trying to pair with Apple iPad. If you are using the White Apple A1016 Wireless keyboard then it will not work with the Apple iPad. I dont know why but i have read it on the Apple website. So you will have to purchase the new Apple wireless keyboard for pairing with the Apple iPad.

For paring the wireless bluetooth keyboard with the Apple iPad follow the instruction properly given below.
    1. Settings-> General -> Bluetooth.
    2. Now press the On/Off switch for turning on the bluetooth.
    3. Turn on the bluetooth of the keyboard and make sure that it in the discoverable mode
    4. Press and select the keyboard when it is shown in the bluetooth devices.
    5. Now continue with the setup instruction and complete the paring procedure.

Try the pairing steps given below to pair the wireless keyboard with the Apple iPad and if you are getting the problem then i will advise you contact the Apple store from where you have purchased the iPad because i think this is the problem of the Apple iPad. I will also suggest you to check the keyboard with some other devices. If it is not working then it is the problem of the keyboard.