Thread: Invalid argument when connecting to wifi with iPod touch

Invalid argument when connecting to wifi with iPod touch

Once, I was ready to perform some networking operation with my iPod touch, it generates some error. It happened when I was going to connect the wifi with the iPod. It occurred the following error : "invalid argument". Would you all help me to resolve this issue....

The error message that you are getting is occurred because there is an option within the device that you are missing to configure. The option is only the point that allow you to get the possible connection with the wifi for your iPod touch. You need to reset the option of wifi action, The option can be configured as on or off for accessing the wifi connection.

The option is as for Turning iPod Touch WiFi ON or OFF, you have to move here for specific changes: Choose Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi ON or OFF.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hello dear,

Well, I didn't got any such type of error before. I have not heard of that particular issue but if the leading '169' is the problem you will require to reconfigure your home network to use another address range. This will be a change to your wireless router rather than the iPod. You need to find out the documentation related to this and as well router and it should tell you how to change the IP address range.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The action that you usually requires to perform when you are suffering with some networking issue and that is with the iPod touch, would be as follows :

1. Go for the Settings and then WiFi after then tap the blue > next to your network name. It will provide you your connection status in terms of IP address, subnet mask, router IP, and DNS IPs.
    2. Power cycle your router
    3. Now, just reset your touch network configuration settings with the respective option..

Those are the steps that has been solved 90% of the users issues. The Other things get very network specific - encryption protocols, router firmware issues, router security settings, for instance.

Hello all,

I also bought a iPod touch for my 8 years old daughter on her birthday. Its our first one.Initially we had some issues with our wifi connection and finally got that sorted but I got another issue which is very typical to solve. The problem is that when I tried to connect to iTunes store to download games or get onto Youutube shows up "Cannot connect to itunes store Invalid Argument"

Can anyone help me please,my wailing daughter is driving me mad ?? Pls quick...

Thanks

smile Invalid argument when connecting to wifi with iPod touch

You purchased the new device and I think you need not to worry more about that. You can solve the issue if you get my suggestions, there is something that you need to reset the device and your problem would gone away. But before going to reset the device settings you need to restart the device and come back with the fresh settings and try to connect the store and if you are not getting any access then you can choose second option and I hope, it can solve your issues...