Thread: Photoshop CS4 on a Mac Mini

Photoshop CS4 on a Mac Mini

Hi, I wonder if anybody can help me out.
    I am having no problem with my current set up for working on Photoshop CS4, but I am thinking to buy a new Mac Mini which can provide me an equivalent performance. My current setup is shown below.
    MacBook Pro Intel 2.4GHz dual core
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 with 256MB VRAM
    HDD 7200

So, I need help for Photoshop CS4 on a Mac Mini

Re: Photoshop CS4 on a Mac Mini

According to your current setup, I will suggest you to buy Mac Mini with this configuration.

Mac Mini 2.6GHz dual core
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400
    HDD 5400

I think there will be no issue running the Mac min without 256 Megabytes of VRAM on the graphic card and the slightly slow hard disk will not have any more issue.

Well according to me, the configuration you are having and the configuration, which is suggested to you both have 9400 graphics, will be using 256 MB of "VRAM" and this is normally borrowed or shared from the regular RAM pool.

But the biggest difference is of hard drive speed, and if you know there is a great difficulty in upgrading the Mac Mini’s hardware.

If you have the knowledge of hardware then you can rid of this problem by adding a 3.5 inch firewire800 external hard drive to Mini.

You can easily place 6 Giga bytes of RAM in the your current Mac Book.

If you want, you can use any display you need something like new wide gamut monitor that will improve your color matching. But if you are not satisfied with the performance your current Mac Book and you really want to go for the Mac Mini then it is your own decision. At last I can say only one thing that it will be better to upgrade your old Mac Book rather than going for the new one.

Using Mac mini 2.0GHz with 4 Giga bytes of RAM can easily run Photoshop CS4 but future versions of Photoshop will definitely require more than 4 Gigabytes RAM for efficient work. The current Mac Mini is not upgradeable more than 4Giga bytes and hence it will have a limited lifespan.