Thread: Does Samsung Star 3G supports Wifi?

Does Samsung Star 3G supports Wifi?

Hello people, I want to buy a new phone for myself and hence need your advice in selecting a good phone. The phone which I want should have Wifi capability. I am thinking of buying Samsung Star 3G as it has all the features which I want but I am not sure if it supports Wifi or not. Hence I want to know if Samsung Star 3G supports Wifi or not. Any help about the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Samsung Star 3G supports Wifi?

Samsung Star 3G is a very good phone as it has almost all the features which a person needs for staying in contact with people but I am afraid that the phone does not supports Wifi. The phone performs very well on the 3G network and hence the Wifi option is missing. You can use Internet on the phone using a 3G network, whose speed is comparable to the wireless internet. Also 3G network is available everywhere unlike Wifi network which is available in some proximity with the Wireless router.

Its sad that the phone is not having Wifi connection although I have a SIM card which has 3G network enabled, I would still prefer Wifi over 3G due to speed and connectivity. I need wifi on the phone as my workplace does not have good network coverage for cell phone. So I want to know if there are any other Samsung phones with all the features of Star 3G and also has Wifi? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

As you want the phone to have all the features of Samsung Star 3G along with Wifi, I would suggest you to buy Samsung Star S5230 phone which has all the features of Samsung Star 3G along with Wifi. Samsung star only misses some features of Samsung Star 3G such as Xenon flash and 3G. It works on all the bands of Wireless except the N band. Samsung Star supports all the types of encryption of the network which makes it a better choice than other samsung phones which support only plain WEP encryption.

Thanks for the information. I will buy Samsung Star right away but I have one question in my mind. Does the phone require special configuration settings to work on WLAN? If yes then where can I get the proper settings for the phone? After configuring the WLAN on the phone, will I able to connect to any wireless router? Please help.

Actually there is no need to configure the phone for connecting to WLAN. You can directly connect to any wireless network just by clicking on the network to join and providing the correct password but still you can get the proper settings for WLAN on the official website of Samsung. As the phone supports all the encryption types you will be able to join any wireless network if you know the password for the network.