Thread: WIFI problem with Samsung Corby Pro B5310

WIFI problem with Samsung Corby Pro B5310

Hello there, I have recently bought a Samsung Corby Pro B5310 phone but I am facing some problems with it. Whenever I try to connect the phone using Wifi, it searches for all the available networks but is not able to join any network. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and therefore need your help in solving the issue. So if anybody else is facing similar WIFI problem with Samsung Corby Pro B5310 then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. The router which I am using is Dlink.

Re: WIFI problem with Samsung Corby Pro B5310

I think there is some problem with the phone which you are using. You have mentioned that the phone is new, therefore I would suggest that you take the phone to the nearest service center and get the phone checked. All the samsung products are covered with 1 year warranty under which any fault of the phone is repaired for free. Hence take the phone and get it checked. If the phone is faulty, it will be replaced for free.

If the router is not configured properly, then the phone will not be able to access the router. To be able to share the same connection between different devices using router, the router has to be configured properly. Get the correct configuration settings which are required for the router and then login to the router. Open the configuration page and check all the settings of the router. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then save the configuration. Reboot the router and check if the phone is able to connect to the router.

The operating system of the phone sometimes gets stuck while executing some applications on the phone. If such a situation occurs then some features or functions will not work on the phone. To bring the phone back to working state, you will have to restart the phone. Press the power button and shut down the phone. Remove the battery and let the phone sit for sometime. Replace the battery and start the phone. See if the phone is able to connect to the router or not.

You must have not configured the phone properly due to which the phone is not able to connect to the router. For the Wifi connection to work properly on the phone, both the devices must be configured properly. Try reseting the phone to factory settings and then check if the phone is able to connect to the router. To reset the phone to factory settings, go to settings and select Reset settings. Select Yes and let the procedure complete. See if the Wireless is working properly or not.

As suggested I restored the phone to factory settings and then tried to connect the phone to the router and it worked. Now I am able to connect the phone to the router and surf internet at a very good speed. One more thing I would like to add is that Samsung phones support all the encryptions type for the network which makes it easier to connect to any network. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.
    Last edited by Caydien; 22-04-2010 at 03:15 PM.