Thread: Devour: Problem with upgrade attempt

Devour: Problem with upgrade attempt

I am facing a weird problem with the Motorola Devour which I have recently bought. The phone started to restart and hence I tried to update the firmware of the phone but the update attempt failed. Now I want to try and update the firmware on the phone again but I am not sure if the installed applications will remain or will be deleted. Therefore if anybody is facing similar Devour: Problem with upgrade attempt then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Devour: Problem with upgrade attempt

I think the phone is faulty and needs to be replaced. As the phone is new, I would suggest that you take the phone to the nearest service center and get it checked. Motorola phones are covered with 1 year warranty under which any fault with the phone is serviced for free if the phone has not undergone any physical damage. Therefore take the phone to service center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty then it would be replaced for free.

The firmware of the phone is responsible for the phone to work properly. Sometimes the firmware of the phone gets stuck in a loop while executing some application on the phone. If such a situation occurs then some features of the phone will not work properly. To bring the phone back to working state, you will have to reset the phone. Refer the user manual and get the exact steps required for resetting the phone. After resetting the phone, you will be able to update the firmware of the phone.

Updating the firmware of the phone will definitely delete all the applications which are installed on the phone. Usually the firmware of the phone is updated or reinstalled when some application on the phone is not working and creating problems in normal working of the phone. Hence the applications which are installed on the phone are deleted when the firmware is updated. If you have purchased certain application, then you can reinstall the application as the application will be available in the downloads folder of the phone.

As the on the air update is not working for the phone, it is possible that there is some problem with the wireless connectivity between the remote update server and the phone due to which the update procedure is failing. Therefore take the phone to the service center and get the firmware of the phone updated. The service center uses the USB method to flash the phone memory while updating the firmware on the phone and hence there is no issue of connectivity. See if the update procedure is successful or not.