Thread: My Devour is randomly rebooting

My Devour is randomly rebooting

I was always awaiting the availability of Motorola's Devour android phone. I always wanted to get an android phone. And now I have a Motorola Devour android phone. Though this phone has some unique impressive function, I am also facing a serious problem from the last week. The Devour android phone is rebooting randomly. It happens while I am on a Call or while the phone is inactive, or even while listening to music or watching videos or surfing internet. It just happens randomly. How to fix it?

Re: My Devour is randomly rebooting

Even my newly purchased Devour is behaving in the same manner. This usually happens when I have used my phone for a long time to play games or attending call for a long time or even surfing the internet for a long time. Is there any time limit to use Motorola Devour, because I am not known of this. Please help.

Have you checked that the battery of your android device is fully charged or not. Try to charge your battery from a different wall socket. Switch Off the smartphone and charge it. Check if after this the smartphone still reboots randomly. If so then again charge it while the smartphone is On. Hopefully one of these should work for you.

The Motorola Devour is fairly a device and thus getting a proper troubleshoot for this is very difficult. But as it is a very recently launched mobile handset from Motorola you can get it fixed from Motorola itself as it is expected to be under warranty and thus you can get it fixed free of cost.

I own a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 which also uses the Android 1.6 mobile operating system. I also had this very similar problem with my Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10. I just replaced my phone charger. Then I charged my phone to its optimum limit with the new charger and guess what it is till date working god, and has had no reboots. So I suggest you to get your charger replaced.

Many of these multimedia and internet smartphones have this issue of random reboot or power off. The only reason I see it is the issue lies in the mobile operating system.Either it is corrupted or not installed properly. So the only way to get it resolved is by taking it to the customer care support. Also make sure that the phone has not got a number of application installed which might also cause the same issue.