Thread: How to Sync Motorola Devour with Mac?

How to Sync Motorola Devour with Mac?

Hello there, I have recently purchased Motorola Devour phone which is a Android phone. I have a desktop computer which is running on MAC OS X 10.5. I want to sync my phone with the Mac but dont know how to go about it. So if anybody can tell me How to sync Motorola Devour with MAC, it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Sync Motorola Devour with Mac?

You can sync the contacts from the phone to the computer by using Thunderbird. Install Thunderbird on the Mac and set it as the default email client. Now you will be able to sync your address book and calendar to Gmail. Once the address book and calendar are synced to Gmail, you can sync it back to the phone. Also you can follow the same procedure to transfer contacts from the phone to the computer.

There is an application known as iCal which can be used to sync address book and calendar to Gmail. Download the iCal which is specially made to work for Mac systems and install it. Using iCal you can sync all the entries from the address book and the calendar to Gmail from where you can sync it to Devour. The only problem with using iCal is that you cannot get the updated address book from the phone on the computer. For that you will require some other software.

I followed the suggestions given above and was successfully sync all the entries from the calender and address book from the computer to the phone. It works great but I want to sync some media files like Songs,videos and images to the phone from the computer. So how to sync media files from the Mac to the phone? Is there any special application required for syncing media files from the computer to the phone? Please help.

Is there Itunes installed on the computer? If yes then you can sync the media files to the phone easily. Download and install the application Salling media on the computer. Connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the media files which are in the iTunes to the phone at a single click. The transfer rate from the computer to the phone using Salling media is very low and hence there is a paid version of the application available which provides faster USB transfer rate.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"