Thread: Motorola Devour WiFi problem

Motorola Devour WiFi problem

I am facing some problems while connecting my Motorola Devour to the wireless network which is configured at my home. The wireless network is using a Linksys wireless router and 2 computers which are running in Windows Xp operating system. The problem is I am not able to connect to the router. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. So if anybody is facing similar Motorola Devour WiFi problem, then please share some information which might help me in solving this issue.

Re: Motorola Devour WiFi problem

Check the configuration of the router first. For sharing the same connection on different computers, the router has to be configured properly. If the router is not configured properly then the devices wont be able to connect to it. Therefore login to the router and check the configuration. You can get the proper configuration settings from your ISP and check if the router is configured properly. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then check if the phone is able to connect to the network.

DHCP which is running on the router is responsible for assigning IP addresses to all the devices which are connected to the router. If the DHCP is not working properly on the router, then the devices will not be able to connect to the router. Therefore I would suggest that you check if the DHCP on the router is working properly or not. To check the DHCP status, connect the router to the computer using a Console cable. Go to configuration and disable the DHCP. Again login to the router and enable the DHCP. Save the configuration and reboot the router. After rebooting check if the phone is able to connect to the router or not.

I think the phone is having some problems due to which it is not able to connect to the router for wireless connection. The firmware of the phone sometimes get stuck in a loop while executing certain application. If such a situation occurs then some features of the phone will not be available. To bring the phone back to working state, you will have to reset the phone. Reset the phone and see if the wireless on the phone is working or not.

Motorola Devour which you are using only supports simple WEP encrypted networks, which means that the phone can only connect to the networks which are using simple WEP encryption or no encryption at all. Therefore if the network which you are trying to connect is any other encryption other than WEP then the phone will not connect to the network. Therefore check the encryption of the network and change to WEP is it is encrypted using some other technology. Hopefully this will solve the problem.