Thread: Devour OS 1.6

Devour OS 1.6

I am looking forward to purchase an Android handset by this month end. I have always wanted to get a Motorola Android handset and for that I have narrowed down on two Android handsets:
    1. Moto Droid.
    2. Moto Devour.
    While going through its specification I came across their Operating System version. And I just wondered why does Devour has OS 1.6 while Droid has OS 2.0 although Devour is more recent then Droid?

Re: Devour OS 1.6

Many of the Android smartphones available in the market are not having Android 1.6 or above mobile operating system. But Motorola has an exception with Droid and Devour. These are considered the best of the Android phones available today. Though Motorola Devour has been launched with Android 1.6 but the over-the-air software upgrade to 2.1 is also been initiated by Motorola.

The Devour update to Android O.S 2.1 is on its way. It was initially introduced with Android O.S 1.6 probably might be because of some features or to check the public review and feedbacks. But now it is also going to be updated. Also Devour phone has MOTOROLA BLUR concept, so even the BLUR has to be updated. So probably a dual update for Devour is on its way.

The reason why Motorola Devour Android phone is been made available with Android 1.6 is mostly because there is already Motorola Droid present in the market which runs on Android 2.0. Also Motorola Droid is expensive then Devour which is why Devour is not running Android 2.0 but Android 1.6 mobile operating system.

There is really not much to differentiate between Motorola Droid and Devour. Both are the best of the Android Smartphones by Motorola. I guess the reason Motorola is making Devour available with O.S 1.6 is because probably it does not wants to cut down the selling of Droid. Apart from that there is not much reason in my view for Motorola to make Devour available with OS 1.6.