Thread: Motorola Cliq: touchscreen and freezing issues

Motorola Cliq: touchscreen and freezing issues

Hello there, I have a recently bough a Motorola Cliq touch phone which is worked fine for all these days but now the phone has started giving different problems. The phone starts to lag randomly. The touchscreen of the phone become unresponsive and the phone freezes. Is my phone faulty? If anybody else is facing similar Motorola Cliq: touchscreen and freezing issues then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Motorola Cliq: touchscreen and freezing issues

As you have recently bought the phone, I would suggest that you take the phone to the nearest service center and get the phone checked. All the Motorola products are covered with one year warranty under which any faults in the phone are serviced for free if the phone has not sustained any physical damage. Therefore take the phone to the nearest service center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty then it will be replaced for free.

There must be some applications which is creating such problems on the phone. Some applications have faulty coding due to which memory and CPU usage leak occurs. If the memory leak occurs then the phone freezes and becomes unresponsive. Hence find and remove any such application which is installed on the phone. After uninstalling the application from the phone, check if the phone is working properly or not.

Check the memory card which is installed on the phone. If the memory card of the phone is faulty or is infected with some kind of virus and if such a memory card is connected to the phone, it will certainly create problems in the phone. Therefore run different diagnostic tools on the memory card and see if the data allocation tables are proper. Also scan the memory card with an antivirus and see if there are any files which are infected. Repair all the files which are infected and then see if the phone is working properly or not.

The problems which you are facing is due to the firmware which is installed on the phone. The proper working of the phone depends on the firmware of the phone. If the firmware of the phone is not working properly then the phone will not work properly. I was also facing the same problem with Cliq which I am using. I tried to find the solution for the problem and found out that the firmware of the phone needs to be upgraded. So take the phone to the motorola care center and get the firmware of the phone updated. Once the firmware of the phone is updated, you will not face the same problem again.

Thanks for sharing relevant information about the phone. As suggested I took the phone to Motorola gallery and got the firmware updated. Most of the problems are solved except some dead zones on the screen. The customer card executive ensured that the problem will be fixed in the new version of firmware which will be available soon. Hopefully the patch for solving the issue is released very soon.