Thread: Issue with texting on Motorola Dext

Issue with texting on Motorola Dext

Hello. I have a Motorola Dext mobile phone. I have been facing a serious issue with the keys on the device. When I press Y the youtube website gets launched and when I press P the contacts gets opened. I have no idea how is this happening? I am totally clueless. It would be a great help if you can make the issue to be sorted. Hope to get a better solution.

Re: Issue with texting on Motorola Dext

The problem that you are facing may be that some shortcut keys may have been assigned by you accidentally to the application that gets opened when been pressed. You may not be aware of this. It is not big problem so you can relax out. All you need to do is to clear out the shortcuts that has been assigned to the keys that gives such outputs. So check out for the same.

There is a possibility that you may be holding the search key button and then typing the letters that you are talking about. It may give you the problem when been executed or performed with the key pressed. So in order to get the things work out properly it is essential that you leave the search option key inactive or do not hold. It is the key right next to the alt key. I hope this may be able to get the the things to work right for you.

It may be that you might have received some unusual updates or you may have activated some application that is been causing the issue. In order to get the things to work out well it is essential and necessary that you perform accordingly that is remove any such application been installed or updates that is been related. Hope this may sort the issue.

Another way through which you can make the things to perform well is by flashing the phone device completely and then update it with the latest firmware available. This will help you out well to get the things worked done. It is possible as flashing the device completely may lead to removal of any bug that is causing some issue s related to the query that you have. Also updating it with the latest firmware may lead to better performance of the applications.

You need to perform a hard reset to the phone. This may also help you out. Also another alternative can be that restore the factory settings of the phone. This may then make the mobile device to function as when it was purchased. Make sure you take the backup of the important stuffs that is essential for you before performing the hard reset. You may get to a better conclusion then.