Thread: Motorola Backflip: Change default search to Google? Remove preinstalled apps?

Motorola Backflip: Change default search to Google? Remove preinstalled apps?

I am using the Motorola Backflip from last few months and i was not using the internet service from this phone. But when i used it then i came to know that it has yahoo as my default search engine. Actually i want to google as my default search. And i do not want all this att softwares on my phone which are preinstalled from when i have bought this phone.

Re: Motorola Backflip: Change default search to Google? Remove preinstalled apps?

Though i do not know that how to change the default search of your phone's browser but i know that the Motorola Backflip has a yahoo search as its default one. And the preinstalled programs which you are talking about will not be removable i guess. Still i suggest you to remove an applications which you do not wish to be there on your phone, If it will not be removable then you will get an error message while deleting it.

Re: Motorola Backflip: Change default search to Google? Remove preinstalled apps?

I would like to tell you that an applications which are already came up with the phone when you bought it then those application are not going to be deleted from your phone's memory as this applications are saved on the Read Only Memory which can not be deleted. I think you should not use this applications and no need to delete them as they would not be consuming much space of your mobile phone.

I think it is a tie up between the Motorola and Yahoo that there will be a yahoo search provided on the Motorola android phones. I think even if you install a google search on your browser then also it is not going to happen as it might happen that the browser provided for the surfing an internet on your phone would not be supporting for the google search.

I think you should install some other browser on your phone on which google search is by default, so by this way you might have google as our default search.
    It might also happen that the google search would not be allowed on your phone. I think you should first try installing the google search from the provided browser itself then you may try it with some other browser as well.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Even i have found that there is only yahoo as a default search engine in the browser of Motorola Backflip mobile phone. I have found an option where i can select for the google search but it does not seems to be working. You can see it in an application list on the phone where there would be yahoo as well google. I have tried to make google as my default one but it did not worked.