Thread: E55 licensersrv.log

E55 licensersrv.log

I have been using a Nokia E55, Out of my 50 MB of the Phone memory around 14 MB of memory space is been occupied by the file which is named as licensersrv.log . I am not sure whether to delete this licensersrv.log file from my E55. It has a number of entries which are listed as Licenser server start , LicenserSrv starting , SMSEng started and so on.

Re: E55 licensersrv.log

I think that before deleting these files it would be better to take help from the Nokia user manual. Try to search for the information regarding the licensersrv.log file from user manual. If you delete this file from your phone memory then this can corrupt the operating system of your phone. Beaware deleting these files.
    Last edited by Abel18; 22-04-2010 at 12:52 AM.

As far as i know this problem is due to the world traveler application even though this is not yet confirmed by the Nokia support. I have been using the Nokia N95 phone which is itself having the licensersrv.log file which is of the size of 23 MB. Even when i tried to check this with one of my friend he has the same file with size of about 3.4 MB.

This may be a virus but i would suggest you to take help from a Nokia expert. Since the problem which you have mentioned does not clearly indicate the actual problem so i would suggest you to mentioned the contents of the E55 licensersrv.log file clearly so that it would be better to understand the program associated with the log file.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As far as i know this file is associate with the World Traveler application it may have damaged or corrupted due to some reason so i would suggest you to install the program once again on your system but prior re-installing it again i would suggest you to remove it atleast once from your phone in order to avoid error.

So far this problem is concerned it is due to the world traveler application on your Nokia E55 phone. Get your World Traveler application updated to the latest version since this version is configured in such a manner that it creates a log file after sometimes so i would suggest you install the latest version or update the current version of world traveler.