Thread: Nokia Booklet GPS and Windows 7 Location

Nokia Booklet GPS and Windows 7 Location

Hello. I have a Nokia booklet and I want to enable Windows 7 sensor settings to it. Has anyone enabled the same. I have no idea regarding it. Please do let me know. GPS works in Ovi and Google but not in other GPS applications. I want to have my location in Windows 7 to change automatically as I travel. So please do help. Thank you.

Re: Nokia Booklet GPS and Windows 7 Location

As Windows sensor and location platforms is all about setting down to drivers and it looks like Nokia have omitted to include drivers for the same and add location sensor. It may be that they have not developed for GPS/3G modem. SO i doubt there is some sort of application which would allow you to get the things to work out in your way. So do look out.

You need to download a generic driver for sensor API. This will actually read the COM port and then emits NMEA data. Now you will be able to show up in the locations and sensors in control panel. Use the sensor api through which you can also try the application called TurboGPS. Its actually a small windows on desktop that shows compass. Try it out.

You need to close the OVI map gadget on desktop and then make sure that Google Maps gadget is executing. After it is been done you need to open up the Teraterm on Com5and turn off the GPS. You then need to run the driver.exe file and then set GPS port as COM 4. MAke sure that the Board rate =4800, Click on install and then leave the application windows open confirming you need to add sensor. Agian open Teraterm on COM5 and turn the GPS back on. Switch back to the Driver Window that you left open, and you should now see NMEA data spewing out, and eventually a Fix. The API Sensor is now active.

There can be a possibility with Permissions on Windows 7. You need to have a user account to be turned off and then follow out the instructions. All you need to do is to go to the control panel option and then to user account and family safety. Click on change user account settings and then then move the slider down to never notify. This may help.