Thread: N900 - how to change the ring tone (mp3)

N900 - how to change the ring tone (mp3)

I am not able to change the ringtone from the Nokia Tune with my mp3 song that i have already saved in the phone. Also i wanted to have all the contacts to be assigined with different melody ringtones. I have recently got a new brand Nokia N900 phone and i am new to this phone, i don't know how to do the settings. So please help me with this problem and if anyone knows the solution for the same then please help me..

Re: N900 - how to change the ring tone (mp3)

Just check out the method and setting for changing the ringtone in Nokia N900.

To change the ringtone you need to tap on the Application menu and then Settings then to the Profiles in Ringing tone then to More. There you need to browse your mp3 file and then select Done and Save it.

So just follow the steps and you will definitely change the ringtone on your Nokia N900 phone.

I also know that currently it is not possible to assing different tones to all other individual contacts. So if you want then you can also check out for the software update which can help you to have this feature on your phone for assigning the ringtone to the different contacts. So just go on the official website of nokia and then you can see all the updates for your problem which you have with your phone.

As wiro suggested you the settings for assigning ringtones to your phone can be done and also if you don't find the solution appropriate then you can check out the guidelines or userguide book and from there you can have the settings for your phone to have the change in the ringtone settings. I think you don't need to have any of the solution for this as it is not the problem actually.

I think you need to call to the customer care number for the help which you want, they will provide you the best solution and the settings steps for your query. Also you can check with the nearest nokia service center and ask them to provice the settings for your query which you wanted to do on your phone. They will definitely provide you the solution for you and you can do whatever you want.