Thread: Sony Ericsson OS upgrade

Sony Ericsson OS upgrade

Hello,
    I have a sony ericsson W660i and I would like to know if you can get the code to change it? or maybe they are opportunities to be able to customize it a bit? Also, how to upgrade the operating system and also how exactly does the upgrade of the operating system works.

Re: Sony Ericsson OS upgrade

Hello,
    You take the firmware you want to save, use you software firmware extractor (that I can give you if you find it) and can you change a few things. But unfortunately if you can not change much. I just have changed the drivers of the NPC (better quality), audio (sound quality and more powerful iPod), etc. my W200i but unfortunately you can not do more.

Hello,
    Once you have downloaded you can extract the firmware files (using the information given in the rar). The extracted files will be placed in a folder _FS I think. Then inside you can change a few things (but not really bcp, the bulk of the code is already compiled it is not usable). Do this by being sure of what you do.

Hello,
    Use software such as SeTool2Lite to install the firmware in your Sony Ericsson (I recall that installing a firmware removes everything that is present in the cell except the IMEI number, the simlock, stats, etc. .. which are contained in another memory called GDFS). Also, you can use any other software which works with it and is compatible with it, but I recommend you the above one because I have used it.

Hello,
    You can use the software with the plugin FarManager jdflasher, this is just one example of the many available. Explore the files on your notebook (the tree will be the same as the folder that contains the firmware extract) and then transfer the file that you modified on the cell phone. I think this is really easy step and you can do this.