Thread: Nokia E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

Nokia E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

Hello friends, I have recently bought a new Nokia E52 phone with a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset. The phone is giving some problems when the Bluetooth headset is connected to it. While using a the headset to answer a call, the headset stops working and does not reconnect. Switching off the headset or switching off the bluetooth on the phone does not help. The only way to bring the phone to working state is to switch off the phone. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence if anybody else is facing Nokia E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems then please share some solutions. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Nokia E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

There must be some problems with the pairing of the device due to which the communication between the phone and the headset is not proper. Sometimes the pairing of the devices does not occur properly and gives rise to such problems. Therefore I would suggest that you delete all the paired devices from the phone and then start do the pairing again. After reestablishing pairing, see if the problem persists or not.

Try reseting the phone and see if it helps. The firmware of the phone is nothing but a software which can get stuck in a loop while executing any application. If such a situation occurs then the certain features of the phone will not work properly. Therefore to make the phone work properly, you will have to reset the phone. To reset the phone, shut down the phone first. Now press * (star key), 3 (number button) and talk key while powering on the phone. Keep the keys pressed till the Nokia boot screen appears. Let the phone start and then check if the bluetooth handsfree is working properly or not.

I am facing same problems with E52 and Plantronics bluetooth headset. The headset gets disconnected in between the call due to which I have to disconnect the call as the phone cannot be used to answer the call. Also when the bluetooth headset is connected, the phone starts to lag. Any key which is pressed on the phone responds about 5 to 6 seconds late. This happens only when the bluetooth headset is connected. Does this mean that the headset is faulty?
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Yes it is possible that the headset which you are using is faulty or it is not compatible with the phone which you are using. In both the cases the headset will not work properly with the phone and will give many problems while working. Therefore connect the headset to some other phone and see if the same problem is faced or not. If the same problem persists then the headset is faulty and needs to be replaced. Once the headset is replaced, you will not face the same problem.

The problem which you all are facing is due to the firmware which is installed in Nokia E52 phone. The firmware of the phone is not compatible with the headset which you are using and hence you are facing such problems while using the headset. This problem is tried to be solved by the Nokia by releasing a bug fix for the firmware. So wait till the firmware update is available and get the firmware updated when it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodot View Post
    Try reseting the phone and see if it helps. The firmware of the phone is nothing but a software which can get stuck in a loop while executing any application. If such a situation occurs then the certain features of the phone will not work properly. Therefore to make the phone work properly, you will have to reset the phone. To reset the phone, shut down the phone first. Now press * (star key), 3 (number button) and talk key while powering on the phone. Keep the keys pressed till the Nokia boot screen appears. Let the phone start and then check if the bluetooth handsfree is working properly or not.
    Hello
    I done this operation as you advice and completely lost all my contacts, is there any way to have them back?

No there is no way by which you can recover the lost contact. You should have to take back up of the complete phone before performing the resetting the phone. Now if you have taken any back up before formatting then you should restore that back up to phone. This is the only way by which you can recover your contact.