Thread: Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

Hello to all,
    I have recently upgrade my Nokia E71 mobile phone with v200.21.118 firmware update. The phone restart with no problem. After rebooting it asking which country, city, time etc. I enter it correctly. After this it asked me for lock code, which I don't remember. I don't know how to reset the lock code so that I can use my mobile phone. Can anyone tell me how to reset Lock code on Nokia E71? Due to this I unable to use my phone.
    Please help me.

Re: Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

Hey I don't know whether it is right or not, but I able to unlock my mobile phone by entering '0000' as lock code. I also had the same problem, then I accidentally enter '0000' in it and my mobile phone unlock. Just turn on your mobile phone and enter '0000' when it asked for lock code.
    I hope this will help you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    * Enter the default security code: 12345. Only try this once.
    * If your phone still requests a security code, please take it to the nearest Nokia Care point for inspection. You can get more details about Nokia Care point at following link:
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/repa...ir/care-points

You have to use Master code to unlock your mobile phone. The master code is specific to your handset and is generated using the handset 15 digit IMEI number (serial number). The IMEI number can usually be found on the sticker underneath the battery or by typing *#06# into the phone keypad.

Simply enter your 15 digit serial / IMEI number into following link. Your master code will then be calculated instantly. Then you need to enter this code into your Nokia when prompted for the security code.
    unlockme.co.uk/master.php

You have to Hard reset your mobile phone to get rid out of this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
    1.First turn off your mobile phone.
    2.Now press on/off + * + 3 button simultaneously until your mobile start.
    After this it will not asked for lock code.

Hey I also had the same problem. I tried various combination but unable to reset my lock code, then I take my mobile to Nokia service center and then I able to unlock my mobile phone. I think you also contact your Nokia service center to unlock your mobile phone.
    I hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinee View Post
    Hello to all,
    I have recently upgrade my Nokia E71 mobile phone with v200.21.118 firmware update. The phone restart with no problem. After rebooting it asking which country, city, time etc. I enter it correctly. After this it asked me for lock code, which I don't remember. I don't know how to reset the lock code so that I can use my mobile phone. Can anyone tell me how to reset Lock code on Nokia E71? Due to this I unable to use my phone.
    Please help me.
    same problem to my e71 phone any one cure this.quote

Naughty Re: Reset Lock code on Nokia E71?

Don't worry ....if anyone have a problem with lock code after formatting their Nokia E71, please enter 112 and Dial and suddenly press red key(to stop)....really you will get your home screen back when you use it for the first time....thanks

tamileelam
    kiri

Quote Originally Posted by kiri11 View Post
    same problem to my e71 phone any one cure this.quote
    I have never seen or heard that any Nokia device asks lock code just after Firmware Upgrade, it may ask if you have had hard reset or soft reset but not after Firmware upgrade. Amyways, the default password of all nokia device is 12345 (if you have never changed it). If still it wont works, simply connect it with Nokia Software Updater and do the update again. It will not prompt you again for lock code untill you want.