Thread: N-900 dead dead dead

N-900 dead dead dead

I have just brought up my new Nokia N-Series Maemo N-900 smartphone. It has just been a week and the smartphone is already starting to having some or the other issues. Earlier it used to get switched off while receiving calls, but now I am unable to power on my smartphone. Can anyone provide a solution for this ?

Re: N-900 dead dead dead

Have you tried connecting the phone to its charger to charge the battery. Might be the mobile phone battery is not charged. While the phone is charging try to turn it On. Try to use different sockets to charge your phone. If it still does not works check if the charger is properly fixed in the mobile phone socket. And then try again.

Yes I also feel that possibly the charger of your mobile phone might have gone bad. Try to connect your N900 phone to the computer via its Data cable and check if it is detected or not. If detected then there are more chances that the charger is faulty. So I would rather recommend you to purchase a new charger and the phone must get charged and finally should get switched On.

As the suggestions provided I have tried to charge my smartphone from different sockets but that did not worked for me. I even borrowed another N-900 charger and tried to charge my phone. I had charged my phone for 2 - 3 hours twice and after that if I switch On the smartphone the lights blink but the phone does not powers up. So what next should I do ?

Have you try swapping the battery and then attempted to boot your Maemo N-900 phone? This issue mostly is caused because of a faulty battery. I have had this same issue with my E-Series E-72. I got it fixed from the Nokia Service Center who replaced the battery for me. SO as you have recently purchased this Maemo N-900 phone then you might get it fixed from the service center free of charge.