Thread: Nokia 5800 Bug - Auto rotation and textfield

Nokia 5800 Bug - Auto rotation and textfield

Hello there, I have recently bought a Nokia 5800 phone and I am facing some problems with the phone. After using the phone for some days, I have found out one of the bug in the phone. While viewing some image or text, the screen of the phone rotates itself if the phone is tilted slightly. Also the text field sticks to the screen, if the auto rotation takes place. Therefore I want to ask, is there any solution for Nokia 5800 Bug - Auto rotation and textfield problem then please suggest it. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Nokia 5800 Bug - Auto rotation and textfield

Try turning off the auto rotate function of the display and then see if the problem still continues or not. The auto rotate function of 5800 can be turned off to avoid the problem which you are facing. To turn off the auto rotate display function, Push the menu button and the select Settings. Select Phone and then select Sensor Settings. Select Turning Control and uncheck the box marked Auto-rotate Display. Click on OK. Now the screen will not rotate when the screen is tilted.

As suggested I tried and disabled the Auto rotate function of the screen but it did not work. Still when I enter something in the text box and if the phone is tilted while typing, the text box sticks to the screen. I cant figure out what is causing this problem and really need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody is having any solution for this problem then please share it.

I think the phone which you are using is having some problems and hence you are facing such issues. The proper working of the phone is dependent on the proper working of the operating system of the phone. If the operating system of the phone is not working properly then the phone will not work properly. Therefore go to the service center and get the firmware of the phone replaced. Once the firmware of the phone is replaced, you will not face the same problem again.

I was also facing the same problem with the 5800 phone which I had bought some days back. I tried the following code which worked and now I dont face similar problems, hence try this code and see if it helps :-
    Code:
    var stageSizeListener:Object = new Object();
    stageSizeListener.onResize=function()
    {
    if(Stage.width > Stage.height) {
    _root.main._rotation = -90;
    _root.main._x = 0;
    _root.main._y = 360;
    } else {
    _root.main._rotation = 0;
    _root.main._x = 0;
    _root.main._y = 0;