Thread: E52 turning off by itself

E52 turning off by itself

I own a Nokia E52 smartphone. I have never had any issues with this smartphone uptill the last week. I have never dropped or damaged the phone. But then too this smartphone just tends to turn off itself. Even when the phone is not in use it just turns off and same happens very often while receiving or making a call. I need help to sort this out.

Re: E52 turning off by itself

This for me is something that seems to caused because of the mobile charger. It might be possible the charger is not working properly which in turn has badly affected the Mobile's battery causing it to behave in a very bizarre manner. Try to charge your mobile from a different plug. If this does not works change the mobile charger as this might be the solution for the mobile turning off itself.

My Nokia E72 also has the same problem. I have got this just a three months ago and I have not yet installed the internet settings on my phone and then too this phone just switches off. Is this to be considered a serious issue with the E-Series phone or is it a problem that does has any solution? Need help reply.

The battery must have gone bad. This is the only possibility that I see for the phone to switch off all by it self. Might be the phone battery is not getting charged. Remove the battery and then plug it in its slot by cleaning that area. Charge it again. If the problem still persist. Get a new battery for your phone and it will work fine.

Yes as per the suggestions I have tried to charge my smartphone from a number of different socket but that was of no use. I even brought a new charger but this too was not useful. I even have purchased a new battery but that too was not the appropriate solution. So I still can not figure out what is going wrong with my smartphone.

If the issue is not caused by any hardware component then you have to doubt the operating system of your mobile phone. Though Nokia E-52 is a Symbian Smart-phone there have been known instances of the phone turning off randomly. The very appropriate solution for this I feel is to get the mobile operating system updated as it might possibly be the problem with the Symbian.

This has nothing to do with the OS or any themes you installed.
    This is occurring because the the battery is loose. Try to fit the battery tight in place by keeping something like paper on top or bottom side of battery.
    Problem solved.
    If only a few people complains about this we can say its their problem because they didnt take care of their phone.
    But when so many people complains about this this is a severe manufacturing defect.
    I had seen the same problem with other Nokia models which uses the same way battery insertion.