Thread: Desktop clock does not match the real time in HTC Hero.

Desktop clock does not match the real time in HTC Hero.

I have recently bought a new HTC Hero and i think there is some thing wrong with the clock given on the desktop. Actually the clock given on the taskbar is running perfectly but when i see the BIG clock on the main desktop then noticed that it is intermittently off by either 1 or 2 hours. How this clock goes differ directly by hours?

Re: Desktop clock does not match the real time in HTC Hero.

I have seen this problem with the Clock Widget of HTC Hero on many forums and seems to be becoming a common problem with the HTC Hero users. I think you should set your location to a major city in your area. You have to tap on your clock and then go to the menu. Enter in to the Home Settings and click on the Add City.

It is a problem of network i guess because this clock widget gets time from the network card whichever you use with your HTC Hero. I have seen many people who has clock widget running some 2 hours late or there are also complain of clock widget running 5 hours earlier as well. So basically i did not got this issue exactly what is happening to the widget that it is not able to show correct time according to the area.

I have found the reason for why your Clock widget shows wrong time in your HTC Hero. Actually it is the area (time zone) on which is gets changed. Actually i live in Broomfield, Colorado and it shows perfect time in this zone but i travel to the Louisville which is just 5 miles away then my clock changes by 2 hours faster. And as soon as i travel the 3 miles then my Hero's clock runs faster by 1 hour. I do not have an solution to fix this problem at least i have found the cause.

I suggest you to search for the time zone in which you live from an internet and set the same time zone in the when you start your mobile phone. I live in mumbai which comes under +5.30 timezone and it shows me accurate time in my HTC Hero. But as if i travel some long distances then it gets changed. I have seen this common problems on other mobiles as well.