Thread: Sony Warranty refusing to repair C905

Sony Warranty refusing to repair C905

Recently my Sony Ericsson C510 got damaged and when i took my cell phone to the service centre they are refusing to repair the headset of my Sony Ericsson phone. They are telling me that it is beyond the warranty terms. So they are not able to repair the same . Please tell me what to do in this situation. I would be very much thankful to you.

Re: Sony Warranty refusing to repair C905

According to my knowledge the earpiece or the head phone is not covered in the warranty period. So i think it would be better it you try to resolve the matter by purchasing a new Earpiece for your sony Ericsson headset. I think that the warranty covers only the mobile phone instrument excluding the battery.

First of all i would suggest you to make sure that whether the earpiece is damaged or the connector has been damaged. Try to check this by connecting the earpiece to another cell phone. Sometimes even when the connector is not working it appears as your earpiece has gone corrupt. Hope this will resolve the issue.

Read the user manual carefully and check whether the warranty covers the earpiece too or not. This will definitely make this matter very clear and hence without knowing this i cannot tell you what steps or measures should be taken in order to get rid of this situation. Read the user manual and then post again.

If you are very much sure that the warranty that it covers all the parts including the ear piece then i think you should move to the consumer forum or consumer court and ask for justice there your problem will be solved definitely by the consumer court and also you can claim for the compensation too.