Thread: Language problem in Sony Ericsson P1i

Language problem in Sony Ericsson P1i

I am working in Saudi Arabia and i have bought a new brand Sony Ericsson P1i. When i opened this phone then i realized that it was having an Arabic firmware installed on it. I have read many threads in order to change the language on my phone and i have successfully changed my phone language as a World Generic 1 but still i am getting an Arabic language in my messaging options.

Re: Language problem in Sony Ericsson P1i

I think there would be an option to use an Arabic language in messaging which you can change to an English language. Actually you have changed the firmware of your phone but the settings i guess have remained the same. You have to go to the options from the messaging the have to select for language options. But as if you do not know an Arabic language, You have to find the path for the same. You have to remember that which key has been pressed when which at the end takes you to the language options.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I guess it would be a SIM card which would be of an Arabic language and of course it will be containing the messaged in an arabic language. I think once you have updated your firmware to World Generic 1 then there should be nothing in any other language if you have selected the English(UK) language. I do not have any other idea that what could be the reason other then this for the foreign language in your mobile phone.

I think you have not updated the firmware of your mobile phone perfectly because of which some of the Arabic language supporting files might have remained in your phone. And those could be creating this problem in messaging in your phone. I suggest you to format your internal disk completely and then put a fresh copy of firmware in your phone which will make it proper i guess.

I think there would be saved messages which are in an Arabic languages and they would be making your messaging service in Arabic language. These messages would be in the SIM card memory. If you do not get this issue solved by all the given suggestions then you must give a check for your phone to Sony Ericsson Service Center which will be knowing something related to this problem.