Thread: Overclocking in Satio

Overclocking in Satio

I have heard a lot of Samsung Omina HD phone and Nokia N900 phone they are using the same CPU (Central Processing Unit) that is Omap 3430, and they are able to overclock it to one giga hertz with out any difficulty. Well I was wondering anyone knows how to do that and from where to download the kernel file to flash for overclocking the Satio

Re: Overclocking in Satio

Well if you are trying to or thinking of overclocking your mobile phone, then you must know that there is big risk in doing that. I know one of my friend tried to overclock his mobile phone but because of the overclocking the battery of the phone was damaged. I will not suggest you not to even try for the overclocking attempt. It is a big risk doing that.

Yes, I clearly know that there is a risk in doing that but the Nokia and Samsung are more gentle it will not affect the battery of the phone. It will only affect if I put a heavy load such as 3 dimensional rendering. I am trying to attempt this because the phone also does not use the 100% power of CPU as in the case of computer. If we can do the overclocking in Computer then it should not be a problem doing the same thing with mobile.

The N900 smart phone overclock method use the kernel hack for achieving the speed increase. But the Satio’s can not be flashed, hence according to me people should think and must take care more about being able to flash in place of thinking about overcloaking the phone, since it can not happen with out flashing the phone.

Anyways, I just want to know why you want to do the overclocking of your mobile is it not working well. If do not have the deep understanding of this overclocking topic you should not put hands in this serious topic of overclocking. I will not only damage the battery of the phone but will also damage some important part of your phone, and one more thing overclocking you phone will not make any difference.