Thread: Sony W995 sounds poor in quality

Sony W995 sounds poor in quality

I have bought Sony W995 brand new and i think it is not giving much sound quality while playing the an audio files. I have confirmed that there is no software problems. Actually i have used update services which tell me that i am running the latest firmware. And one of my friend is a sound engineer who says that this songs are okay to hear in headphones.

Re: Sony W995 sounds poor in quality

I think you should set the graphic equalizer according to your sound choice which will help you to get better sound quality from your Sony Ericsson W995 mobile phone. For this go to the music player in your sony ericsson walkman phone and then open options. Where you should be having equalizer which you may set the bars to its highest which will be in middle by default. This means that it raises your sound quality by double. But it might happen that your speaker vibrates while paying the sound at the highest sound equalizing.

I guess there would be low sound quality as given from the Sony Ericsson itself. Have you checked the sound quality of some other phone of the same model. If yes and then too your sound quality is not same as another one then you must use the warranty given to your with your W series Sony Ericsson phone as you have bought it recently i guess. It might happen there would be something wrong the hardware (speakers) itself. You may contact directly to the dealer from where you have bought this phone.

I have the same issue in my Sony Ericsson W995 as i know that this mobile phone should be at least giving a sound quality as same as of W800 which is not giving me. Both the models are from W series and i have used W800 for the 1 whole year that was giving me awesome quality sound. I think there must be something wrong with the speaker itself but as i have not warranty for this mobile phone, I have to loose my pocket a little bit.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Another factor which can affect the sound quality on your Sony Ericsson phone is the file format of an audio file which you playing on your music player. Actually some formats does not have better quality sound and it might also happen that even if the file format is good then too the song which you are playing itself has not much quality sound. I think you should try to loudest track which you have in your music list. I guess Rock or Club track would be having much sound quality variants.