Thread: How do I fix the HTC HD2's freezing issues?

How do I fix the HTC HD2's freezing issues?

Hello there, I am facing a some problems with HTC HD2 phone which I have bought recently. The phone is installed with Windows mobile 6.5 on it. I downloaded some videos on my computer and synced the videos on to the HTC HD2 but when the videos are played on the phone, the phone freezes. I am not able to go to home screen when the phone hangs. I want to know How do I fix the HTC HD2's freezing issues? Any suggestions about this topic are more than welcome.

Re: How do I fix the HTC HD2's freezing issues?

As the phone is new, I would suggest that you take the phone to an Authorized service center and get it replaced. All the HTC products are covered with one year warranty under which the phone is serviced for free. The warranty is only void if the phone has undergone a physical damage. Hence take the phone to the authorized service center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty, it will be replaced for free.

Check the video which you are syncing on the phone as it is possible that the video is corrupt and hence the phone is freezing. If the video which is played on the mobile phone is corrupt then it will lead to phone freezing as it will try to read the corrupt file. Hence check if the video is played properly on some other phone. If the video is played properly on other phone without any problems then get the phone checked by some technician.

Try restoring the phone to the factory settings. The phone which you are using is working on Windows operating system. The operating system of the phone can get stuck in some loop while executing some applications. If the phone gets stuck in some loop then it needs to be reset to bring it back to working state. To restore the operating system on the phone, click on Start and select the Settings. Now select Restore button and let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, see if the phone is freezing.

Is your phone memory full? Check the free space on the phone memory. Like any system which is working on Windows operating system, HD2 also requires some free space on the phone memory to work properly. If there is no free space on the phone memory then the phone is bound to hang while executing certain applications on the phone. Hence check the free space on the phone memory and delete some unwanted data from it if necessary. After creating some free space on the phone memory, check if the phone is working properly or not.

I was also facing the same problem with HTC HD2 which I am using currently. The phone used to frequently freeze while browsing or while viewing some videos on the phone. I got the firmware of the phone updated which did not solve the problem. Later I found that the phone freezes frequently when the Sense is used and hence I started using the phone on Windows default mode and now the phone works properly without any problems.

Mine freezes on Windows Default, HTC Sense, and it gets hot. I tried a new battery, I tried using other people's cards, I tried the reset to factory settings. All of this and it still freezes. I know I need to take it to T-mobile, but I still want to know what is it that makes mine freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by cl524 View Post
    Mine freezes on Windows Default, HTC Sense, and it gets hot. I tried a new battery, I tried using other people's cards, I tried the reset to factory settings. All of this and it still freezes. I know I need to take it to T-mobile, but I still want to know what is it that makes mine freeze.
    Most probably that might be some problem with its OS. had you tried updating the software ? Firmware upgrade may fix this problem but as you have already decided to go to T-mobile, that is much better option rather than trying it your self.

Where can I go for the upgrade?

First of all you will need to download the firmware on your PC, you can get it from here. Than follow the following steps:
    1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
    2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
    3. To download this update select the update below and the location closest to you then click Download.
    4. Copy the update, which is an .exe file, to your device. To install the update, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

It says, "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device" because I have T-mobile. Thanks anyway.

I found how to do it. It didn't stop the freezing. Now, I definitely have to go to T-mobile.

If this happens while surfing then just go to the advanced settings and then I reselect the the internet connection which you are using right now and then it will work. I too have the same problem with my HD2. I have a 3G connection so I expect that this might will work properly. But this is a lot more common issue with most of the users.