Thread: X6 Earphone speaker problem, plus many more

X6 Earphone speaker problem, plus many more

I was just testing my mobile and my headphone yesterday. And I found that my headphone doesn't work. I was not able to heard the sound in mp3, radio and video. The keys for play and pause is also not working. Then I tested it with other compatible headphone, I was able to listen the music perfectly and the buttons for play pause was also working perfectly.

I thought that there may be problem with my headphone but when I tested my headphone with other Nokia mobiles like N97 and Xpress 5800, I found it what working properly. What may be problem. Is the problem with my mobile phone or it is with the headphone.
    Last edited by Calusa; 26-08-2010 at 03:15 AM.

Re: X6 Earphone speaker problem, plus many more

Whenever you insert headphone to your phone it will show a headphone icon on the upper right corner of your phone. It will be shown immediately as you connect it to your phone or it will open a selection menu with option headphone, line-out, tv-out or music stand. You have to select headphones, and then only your headphone will work properly.

There may be problem with your mobile phone therefore all I can suggest you is go to the shop again from where you have bought it and see if they can help you. Your phone may be still under warranty period, so you can go to your nearest Nokia Service Center for replacement of your phone. That will be the best option because I think once your mobile is opened it will give problem again and again

I was having the same problem as mentioned above and I follow the suggestion given above and selected headphone on the screen when it asks for the selection. It accepted my choice without any problem but it does not solve my problem. Can you provide me with any alternate solution?

I am using the same phone X6 and have solution for you. Normally it doesn’t ask but if your phone asks you how to connect when you insert your headphone to the jack that means you have not pushed it in far enough. If you push it properly it will show directly the headphone icon and if you have not pushed it properly then it will ask “select accessory”. Try it once again and this time try to insert it properly.

When you insert your headphone to the jack then it will ask for mode of connection. Connection mode means how you wish to connect the cable to the phone. You will see four options as listed below Headset Headphone line out tv out You have to select headphone mode to make your headphone audible and the very important try to insert pin tightly

I think there is a problem with your computer software. Some files of your software may be corrupted or missing. This may be because of virus attack. Your mobile software is not recognizing your headphone. You should reinstall or update your mobile software. Reinstalling will fix the problem.