Thread: Windows 7 Drivers for HTC Hero

Windows 7 Drivers for HTC Hero

Hello people, I have recently bought a HTC HERO mobile phone which has Android operating system. I am trying to connect the phone to my desktop computer which is running on Windows 7 operating system but the computer is not detecting the phone when connected. Are there any special Windows 7 Drivers for HTC Hero. If yes then from where can I download it?
    Last edited by Erinyes; 17-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Re: Windows 7 Drivers for HTC Hero

Before doing any further troubleshooting, I would suggest you to check the cord which you are using to connect the phone to the computer. The cord which is used to connect the phone to the computer is an USB cord which consist of many lines of conductors. If any of these lines of conductor gets damaged due to improper storage or handling then the communication between the computer and the mobile phone will not be proper and hence it will not be detected by the computer. Change the connecting cord and see if the mobile phone is detected or not.

To connect the phone to your computer, you will have to download and install the drivers for HTC Hero which are supported by Windows 7 operating system. To download the appropriate drivers for HTC hero which are supported by Windows 7 operating system, visit the official website of HTC and download the latest drivers which are available for the model of the phone which you are using and which are supported by Windows 7. After installing the drivers, the phone will be detected by computer.

There is no need to download any special drivers for HTC hero which you are using. To be able to connect to the phone to your computer, you will have to download and install HTC sync 2.0 or later on the computer as the operating system on the phone which you are using is Android. You can download the HTC SYNC software from the official website of HTC and install it on the computer. Once the application is installed, you will not require any special drivers for the phone.

If the operating system on the phone is stuck in some loop then the computer will not be able to detect the phone when connected. Try reseting the phone and then connect it to the computer. If the computer still does not recognize the phone, then you will have to restore the operating system on the phone. To restore the operating system on the phone, click on Start menu and select Settings. Click on Restore button and let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, connect the phone to the computer and see if it works.