Thread: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync problems in HTC HERO

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync problems in HTC HERO

I have a HTC hero mobile phone which I am trying to connect to the server to send and receive the mail but whenever the phone is connected to the computer, it gives some error related to Microsoft Exchange Activesync due to which I am not able to receive or send the mails via my phone. So if anybody is facing similar Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync problems in HTC HERO then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. The server is working on Windows 2008 server operating system.

Re: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync problems in HTC HERO

According to me the phone is requiring some special configuration for using the mail services when connected to the computer. You will not be able to use the mail services on the computer by just connecting the phone to the computer. You will have to configure the phone properly inorder to use the service. Contact the service provider and get the correct configuration for the phone which you are using. Once the phone is configured properly, you will be able to use the mail services when connected to the computer.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Is there any firewall active on the server? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem which you are facing. Firewalls have the tendency to block the unknown traffic which is terminating or emerging from the computer. Due to this tendency, sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. Therefore try and disable the firewall on the server and then connect the phone to the server. See if you are able to send and receive email or not.

May be the version of the Windows which the server is using is not having appropriate drivers for the phone and hence the phone is not getting detected. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers are not working then the device will not work properly. To solve such problem, go to the official website of HTC and then download the latest drivers which are available for the model of the phone which you are using and which is supported by Windows 2008 server. Install the appropriate drivers and see if the phone is working properly.

The problem which you are facing with HTC hero and microsoft exchange activesync is because of the email client which is installed on the phone. The email client which is installed on the phone, does not support the PIN security feature of the exchange and hence you are not able to use the phone to send and receive the emails. You can install an application which is known as Touchdown which support PIN security support of exchange server.