Thread: Cant receive calls in Silent mode on HTC hero

Cant receive calls in Silent mode on HTC hero

Hello there, I am facing some issue with HTC HERO phone which I am using. Most of the time, Silent mode is activated on my phone. The problem which I am facing is whenever the phone is in Silent mode, I am not able to receive any calls. When any callers call on the phone, it directly gives the message saying that the caller is unavailable and when the caller has hung up, the phone gives a miss call notice. I dont understand why I Cant receive calls in Silent mode on HTC hero and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Cant receive calls in Silent mode on HTC hero

You must be activating Airplane mode on the phone instead of Silent mode and hence you are facing such problems. Airplane mode is similar to Silent mode in which all the other features of the phone are working except the cellular radio function. Mobile phone cannot receive any calls or messages while the phone is in Airplane mode as the cellular radio of the phone is off. Therefore check the mode of the phone and change it to Silent mode.

I think it some network issue due to which you are not able to receive the calls in Silent mode. I would suggest that you contact the customer care of the network provider which you are using. There is a call barring feature in all the network services. If this feature is activated, then the caller will not be able to get through the network and will receive message saying the User is busy or is unavailable. Therefore contact support center and get the problem rectified. After deactivating Call barring, you will not face the same problem again.

All the phones working on Windows mobile are facing the same problem while the phone is in silent mode. The problem is with the Windows operating system which is installed on the phone. Sometimes the operating system on the phone starts behaving weirdly which causes such problem to rise. To solve such problem, you will have to flash the phone memory of the phone. To flash the phone memory of the phone, Click on Start and go to settings. Click on Restore button and let the procedure complete. Before restoring the operating system, take the back up of any data from the phone memory. After restore check if the phone is working properly or not. If the restore does not help then try and get the firmware of the phone updated.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I tried to restore the operating system on the phone but it did not work. I took the phone to the service center of the HTC and described the problem and they suggested to get the firmware of the phone updated. I updated the firmware of the phone and now the phone works perfectly fine.