Thread: How to change the ring tone in N900

How to change the ring tone in N900

I am unable to figure out how to change the ring tone to my Mp3 songs from the Nokia tune. I have already inserted in the phone. Actually, I want to set different ringtone for different user. But I have no idea how to do it. Can anybody tell me how to set the different ringtone for different users?

Re: How to change the ring tone in N900

For changing the ring tone go to the Tap application menu -> Setting -> Profile-> Ring tone –> More.
    After that you have to browse to the MP3 file and after that select and then done. Currently it is not possible to assign different ring tones to the different contact. May be this feature will be available in future models of Nokia
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Still I did not get the solution for the problem. I have opened the setting and then in the personalization section I have clicked the profile. Then I get an screen with the title ”Profile”. With only two options of profile “Silent” and “General” and the I am only able to select Virbrate on/off and after that save button.

Actually the scroll bars you are seeing in the maemo are not really scroll bars. You will not require stylus to scroll. For doing that you can use your finger to scroll. You have to just place the finger in the red circle and then drag upwards, after that other options will appear.

See as per my knowledge setting the ringtones are easy to set but there is no method to set the different ring tones for different users. If it is possible then I will really like to know about it. I am sure you have got the answer for setting the ringtones or changing the ringtones on your Nokia mobile phone.