Thread: Nokia X6 ring tone problem

Nokia X6 ring tone problem

I have recently bought a new Nokia X6 and it seems that there are some crazy problems when it rings. Actually i have set some mp3 as my ringtone but it just plays default ringtone when somebody calls me up. Then i tried to set one of the default ring as my tone such as Nostalgic then also it is not working as i have set it. It just play some default rings. Is there anybody with the same problem?

Re: Nokia X6 ring tone problem

I think there would be some kind of software problem on your Nokia X6 as it can not save the settings. I think the operating system issues can only be solved by an engineer so you better give back your new Nokia X6 to the dealer from where you have bought it so you does not have to bother about solving this most annoying problem.

It might happen that the you would be saving the ringtone as mp3 for a particular contact which means that particular ring will be used as your phones ringtone only when that caller calls you other wise your phone would be using the default ringtone for all the other contacts. You may check it by setting up the ringtone for one single contact and then check whether the ringtone rings up according to the settings or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think this could be the problem when you have chosen any unsupported mp3 file as your ringtone. Suppose you have added any unsupported mp3 file in your phone then it will be showing itself as a perfect mp3 file but when you try to play it then it will not be working even if your phone can play mp3 files. Now when you use it as ringtone then it does not play and automatically your phone rings with the default one.

I have faced the same problem on my N70 mobile phone and was much worried about it as i bought it as a second hand phone and i was feeling like i have been fooled but luckily my problem got solved by strange settings. Go to the Call Log and change the validity to 1 day from the 30 days and my problem was sorted out. Can anybody tell me what is a connection between call log entries and ringtones? But anyway, my problem has been solved.