Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-04-2010

Nokia Windows Portable Device Driver issue

I have installed a windows XP Pro on my computer and i have an issue while installing a new PC suite update. I have Nokia E61 for which i am doing all this. Windows is discovering a new E61 device and then begins with the installing the driver but then it again rediscovering and reinstalling same and it goes on untill i terminate it manually.
Old 17-04-2010

Re: Nokia Windows Portable Device Driver issue

I have same issue on my windows vista computer system. Actually even i am using the Nokia E series mobile phone and trying to connect it to this computer. I have not found the solution yet and hoping that this forum posts would be helping me and my other colleagues to solve this annoying problem.
Old 17-04-2010

I think this problem is persisting because of windows media player version, I guess Windows Portable Driver only works with the version 11. Here i have given you the steps by following which you can disable WPD driver installation.
  • First of all save DisableWPD.reg.txt.
  • Then remove .txt extension from it.
  • Now run DisableWPD.reg file.
  • restart PC.
Old 17-04-2010

I have tried by installing the version 11 of windows media player and it seems that it worked out but it only works for the first time then the same nonending error loop comes. I got rid of this loop by doing the following steps.
  1. Open Control Panel and go to the System then Hardware.
  2. Now go to the Device Manager of Windows and select "Portable Devices".
  3. Select "Activate" for all the devices.
  4. Connect and disconnect the each devices which will "Deactivated" its state.
  5. "DisableWPD" patch and edit the .reg file to include the "WPDEnabled"=dword:00000001.
Old 17-04-2010

It seems that this problem is not getting solved by all the above solutions so i just deleted the driver and all information about it from my computer system. Go to the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder have a look for oemXX.inf files where XX could be any number. Open .inf file to find out one for the Nokie Windows Portable Device Driver. Now delete an oemXX.inf and the oemXX.PNF file. Now delete the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UMDF\PCCSWpdDriver.dll and remove the driver entry that is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services by using regedit.exe.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,