Thread: Failed to install policy “policyname”, reason code -1 in Nokia Mobile VPN – Openswan

Failed to install policy “policyname”, reason code -1 in Nokia Mobile VPN – Openswan

Hi,
    I am trying to install the policy files which are “.pol and .pin zipped in the .vpn”. But I am facing the error which is some thing like this. "Failed to install policy 'policyname', reason code -1".
    Basically I am trying to install the “psk” policy (e71.conf - PSK) with no xauth.
    One more thing I am using the Nokia Xpressmusic 5630. Can anybody help me with this problem of "Failed to install policy 'policyname', reason code -1".

Re: Failed to install policy “policyname”, reason code -1 in Nokia Mobile VPN – Openswan

I was also facing the similar problem may be this is because of the different file structure in the Symbian third edition. I am able to create a sis but unable to install on my E60. When I looked in my phone with the file explorer, all the system files are at the c:\sys and not the system anymore. There are also some security measures so I am unable to access the sys folder for now.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Failed to install policy “policyname”, reason code -1 in Nokia Mobile VPN – Openswan

Well according to me only the Cisco VPN 3000 series Concentrators are only official supported by Nokia. But with the little help from the Nokia I have succeeded in making Nokia VPN client to work with the PIX 6.3(5). In PIX I have used a simple configuration with the key which are pre shared. , DES, MD5 and Diffie-Hellman group 2. Nokia clients also support these alternatives.“3DES, AES, SHA-1, 1536-bit groups, NAT-Traversal etc”

Well when I tried to install it gives me the error message that “Cannot install, VPN Policy application not available.” But I have checked it is present on the phone but then also it is giving the same error message. I think you have done anything different. I will be waiting for your reply.

No, I have not done anything different with the Nokia mobile phone but just added the vendor a vendor name some thing like this ab.bad. But I am only able to install it but it did not work on the Nokia phone. I am also searching for the VPN policy for these cisco router which can work well with the Nokia’s VPN (Virtual Private Network) client.