Thread: Sun Direct on PC

Sun Direct on PC

Hello there, I have subscribed for SUN DIRECT DTH service for my television but the Set top box which is provided to me does not have record function and hence I want to know if there is anyway in which I can connected to the Sun Direct to my computer, so that I am able to record all the programs and movies. So if anybody knows how to connect Sun Direct on Computer then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Sun Direct on PC

Yes it is possible to connect the Set top box to the computer to record the movies and programs. To connect the Sun DTH service to the computer, you will require a TV tuner card. If your computer has a TV tuner card, then you will not face any problems while connecting the DTH service to the computer. To connect it, I would suggest you call the service technician of Sun direct as he will properly guide you through the installation process.

Yes there is a TV tuner card attached to the computer. The TV tuner card which is attached to the computer is Mercury Ez view which has high defination and DVD mode. It supports NTSC and PAL signal. Can you please guide me in connecting the DTH service to the computer? will this TV tuner card give a good quality video and audio recording? Please help.

The TV tuner card which you are using is enough for recording the videos and movies on the computer. Follow the steps below to connect the DTH service to your computer :-
    1. Take the AV output from the Set top box and connect it to AV input of TV tuner card.
    2. Select PAL colour format from the picture adjustment section.
    Now you will be able to watch channels on the computer. If the picture quality which you are getting is not good, then you can take a S VIDEO output from the Set top box which is far more better than AV and RF signals.

As suggested I connected the S video output of the Set top box to the TV tuner card and the picture quality is very good. I am able to record movies and programs directly to the computer but the sound quality of the recorded movie is not proper. What can I do to improve the sound quality of the recorded and the live movie? Is there any extra hardware required?

The sound quality which you will receive on the computer will be poor because the AV or the S-Video out is connected to the TV tuner card of the computer. You will have to buy a new sound card for the computer and then connect the sound output of the set top box to the Sound card of the computer. Once the Sound output of the set top box is connected to the sound card, the audio quality will improve. Buy a sound card which supports 5.1 channel system.