Thread: Stereo 3D on ATI non Iz3D

Stereo 3D on ATI non Iz3D

Hello friends,
    Currently I have installed the driver and use IZ3D glasses anaglyph, but the truth is that this very cool effect, but loses a lot of light in the image, all color and contrast. In addition to tide and just after each eye seeing a different color. So now I have to change the monitor and was thinking about buying the Samsung 2233rz. But as I have an ATI 5850. I would like to know if possible with a 120hz monitor like the Samsung, the glasses and a graphics card with IZ3D Ati drivers installed, view the 3D games.?? What IZ3D Output in the driver should be selected? ATI 3D DLP can be helpful.?? Also provide something about the Stereo 3D on ATI non Iz3D.

Re: Stereo 3D on ATI non Iz3D

I do not think the problem is in that 15% less performance, but rather in the Multi-GPU support and dx10/11. I do not think a game no longer be playable by a 15% return, but if you can not add another GPU power. Maybe, but iz3d not a big company and its other priorities right now are basically what was said earlier about multigpu/dx10/11, if you forget to generate a synchronized signal VISION 3D style, as you would a lot more versatile.

What IZ3D Output in the driver should be selected? ATI 3D DLP can be helpful.??
    You should use the shutter mode, but there is a problem that iz3d can not synchronize with the glasses, so I have two options, make sure you always have more frames to the refresh rate, or use an additional program that helps synchronized but in return reduces the resolution to half (interlaced). In general, if you want to use active glasses with 120Hz monitor is undoubtedly the best short and medium term VISION 3D. The 3D mode is for use with DLP projectors and DLP with link active glasses.

If you monitor left and right, so you can put the right look, with glass at an angle as shown by the photos above and so that one eye sees the right of the mirror the monitor right and left eye see the mirror directly, to monitor the reflected left. Freedom of movement is restricted quite horizontally, unable to move his head so that both eyes are on one side of the mirror. As to how active glasses I have to comment that is not as developed as any of the other modes, (it is more focused on the interlaced modes), because although it works, now the driver is not capable of sending synchronized signal. There are several solutions for this but no ideal, it always depends on having any more frames to the refresh rate and another requires use interlaced mode to synchronize, so you'd have the disadvantages of the mode of active glasses more the disadvantages of interlaced mode.

The following are an advantages and generally inconveniences IZ3D drivers against NVIDIA drivers :
    • Advantages : it seems (I have not been able to verify) IZ3D drivers allow you to use some ways of higher quality image (also in ways similar to nvidia) and more configuration options, plus many more possibilities for 3D Stereo support ATI, better sense of depth about nvidia.
    • Disadvantages : Only compatible with dx8/dx9 (although they are supposed to leave the dx10/dx11) does not support SLI / CF (although it should go), equal lower performance is due to be in upper layers the nvidia (about 10-15% as I read), the nvidia allow objects more easily than 'out' of the screen.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

It is not necessary that the system with active glasses NVIDIA is the only way to Stereo 3D games. There are more ways and also with ATI, but what matters here usually (games), is one that is using drivers IZ3D. NVIDIA Stereo system is very old. Allowed various 3D systems, but was canceled just before the start of the G80 series. After it was can re, but this time only ready to work with 3D glasses. 3D glasses have long existed but that this time, for obvious reasons, nvidia does not allow consistent competition as they are now, whereas before 3D drivers was merely a characteristic but to help sell some more graphics. A system that existed before, and that remains, is the IZ3D drivers. Allow plenty of ways to use 3D games, and more importantly, both NVIDIA and ATI. This is important because it means that if you can play right now with ATI 3D, even since before nvidia launched its system of eyewear + monitors 120Hz.