Thread: Windows 7 Pro Freezes on Brand New Studio 17

Windows 7 Pro Freezes on Brand New Studio 17

I have recently purchased the new Studio 17 laptop which has the latest Inter Core i7 processor and the Windows 7 professional operating system. The Windows 7 Pro Freezes on brand new Studio 17 laptop. This happens at any random times but most probably when o try to play games on it. This is just one week old laptop. So help me out in resolving this problem.

Re: Windows 7 Pro Freezes on Brand New Studio 17

You are having the latest new Studio 17 laptop with the Intel core i7 processor and the Windows 7 professional operating system installed in it. You are saying that this laptop is getting hanged or freeze in between many times. I think there are many unnecessary processes are running in your laptop which are using the RAM memory because of which the laptop is getting freeze many times. So close the processes which are not required from the task manager of the laptop.

I will advise you to reduce the number of the startup processes from your new Studio 17 laptop having the Windows 7 professional operating system. You can do this from the startup configuration settings. Type "msconfig" in the run windows of your laptop and disable the start up processes which are not required by you. I think this will resolve the freezing problem of your laptop.

It may be possible that it is the issue of the operating system installed in your laptop. Well as you are saying that this laptop has the Windows 7 professional operating system installed in it. But as far as i know the Studio 17 laptop comes with the Windows 7 home premium operating system. So i think you have installed the Windows 7 professional operating system by yourself and it is not installed properly because of which this laptop is getting freeze many times.

You have mentioned that in your query that you have purchased this New Studio 17 laptop only one week before. So i think you should not try to resolve this issue of your laptop by yourself if you have not made any changes to it. Because the first thing is that this laptop is still in warranty period and the second thing is that the Dell has the has a 21day return policy from the date of the invoice for the laptop and other products from the Dell.