Thread: Huawei modem gives error : "device is disconnected or is unavailable."

Huawei modem gives error : "device is disconnected or is unavailable."

Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire laptop which is working on Windows Vista operating system. I have recently bought a Reliance net connect broadband connection. The connection is provided by the Huawei USB modem. The problem which I am facing is whenever I connect the modem to the laptop, the Huawei modem gives error : "device is disconnected or is unavailable". I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Huawei modem gives error : "device is disconnected or is unavailable."

I think the modem which you are using is faulty and hence you are getting such problems while connecting the device to the computer. If the device which is connected to the computer is faulty and hence computer cannot communicate with the device properly. To check if the device is faulty or not, connect the device to some other computer and see if the device gets detected. If the device does not get detected on the other computer, then you will have to get the modem replaced as it is faulty.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. Drivers work as the translator or mediator between the operating system and the device of the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. Hence check if the appropriate drivers for the modem are installed and working on the computer. Right click on my computer and select device manager. Highlight the installed modem and see if there are any caution signs. Follow troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. Try and update the drivers if the troubleshooting does not help.

The modem requires to be configured again to make it work properly. Sometimes the configuration of the modem changes due to frequent connection and disconnections. If the configuration of the modem changes then it will not be able to communicate with the remote data server and hence the internet will not work on your computer. Therefore get the correct configuration for the modem from the ISP and configure the modem again. After configuring see if the modem works properly or not.

As suggested I checked the configuration of the modem and found out that the configuration of the modem was erased. I contacted the Reliance customer support and got the appropriate settings for the modem. I configured the modem as per the settings which are provided by the ISP. After configuring the modem, now the modem is working properly and I am able to surf on the Internet without any problems. But sometimes I am not able to see the login page when the device is connected and hence I cannot access Internet. Why is this happening?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. There are limited number of data servers in a particular area. If there is lot of people who are connected to the data servers then the data server will not accept any new connection and hence sometimes the login page does not appear. It is avoid loading of data servers due to heavy traffic. There is nothing much you can do about it. You will just have to wait till one of the data server is free to respond to your login request.

Hi there is an easier step to resolve this issue...

Follow this up..

Restart the machine.. and plug in your device...

Once this is plugged in open the dialler software and check if there is any signal...

Then you should got to Start>>> control panel>>> phone and modems..

Phone and modems will be found in the form of Icon.

In vista click on Switch to classic view on left side of the screen.. then select the Icon
    In win 7 you should type Phone and modems in the search Control panel space..
    then follow the remaining

Once if you are into Phone and modems.. it will ask for Area code and Location
    Location - India
    Area code - (Your STD codes , 044,080,040.,.. etc)

Directly click on OK..

Then go to the Modems tab and check for your modem's availability.

Once if you find your modem there check for any NOT PRESENT modem. or repetition of your modems.

If there are any not present modems remove it. (Right click on the modem and remove).

Make sure that you dont remove the Present modems (COM12, COM3, etc)

Restart the machine and try connecting..

If this works .. enjoy the services..

If not, you need to Uninstall and reinstall. Before uninstalling and reinstalling turn off your Firewall and disable your antivirus.

If this also does not resolve the problem check with other computers or contact your service providers.. they may have some other steps to resolve the issue..