Thread: M305d-S4830 won't boot/powers on then turns off but media lights stay on

M305d-S4830 won't boot/powers on then turns off but media lights stay on

Hi there, I am having an issue with my Toshiba Satellite M305d-S4830 which is not booting up. When i click on the power button to start the same the power lights comes and some noises starts coming from the disc area and the power goes off. But the media controller lights are still on which goes off while holding the Power button for some time. So suggest me why M305d-S4830 won't boot/powers on then turns off but media lights stay on . Thank you.

Re: M305d-S4830 won't boot/powers on then turns off but media lights stay on

First thing that will advice to check for the warranty period. if it is in the warranty period then better to take it to the shop and repair the same. And also if possible then contact the Toshiba Tech Support which will help you to know about the causes of the issue and find the solution for the same if possible. So do the same and let me know whether the issue got resolved or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey i am having the same issue with my Toshiba Satellite which is not booting up. I have searched a lot about this issue and come to know that the issue is with the Motherboard which is of bad quality and having the problem with the optical Drive. So i have removed optical drive and connected the AC adapter and rebooted the system and the laptop starts working. I have fixed drive and reinstalled it in the laptop.

Hey in that case that you system stop responding suddenly i think there is problem with the software. Have you recently installed any program to it. According to me you have to try to restore the system to the day when it was working all fine. So do the same and work with the issue that you are getting. Thanks

As per my knowledge you have to try this. Remove your battery for three to four time and then restart the computer. If it starts then run the System File checker for possible error. To run the same open the command prompt and then type sfc/scannow command and hit enter. It will detect the possible error. Fix the issue and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    As per my knowledge you have to try this. Remove your battery for three to four time and then restart the computer. If it starts then run the System File checker for possible error. To run the same open the command prompt and then type sfc/scannow command and hit enter. It will detect the possible error. Fix the issue and you are done.
    Hey thanks Regina, As i have tried your suggestion and found that the system is having lots of problem in system. Most of the file are corrupted. I have corrected them and now there is no issue found.